Serve as the Responsible Managing Employee (RME) of Blue Mountain Construction Services, Inc. (BMCS) for purposes of California Business & Professions Code §7068, and be actively engaged in the operation of BMCS’ Class B general building contractor business for at least 32 hours or 80 percent of the total hours per week that BMCS is in operation, whichever is less.
Essential Job Duties:
• Direct supervision and control of BMCS construction operations as is necessary to secure full compliance with Chapter 9 of the California Business & Professions Code and the rules and regulations of the Contractors\\\' State License Board relating to BMCS construction operations.
• Supervising construction, managing construction activities by making technical and administrative decisions, checking jobs for proper workmanship.
• Review and work with BMCS communities on land development, visiting job sites, reviewing engineering drawings and architectural plan sets.
• Oversight of BMCS construction activities to ensure compliance with applicable California building codes and engineering requirements.
• Acting as a liaison with general contractors and joint developers, and coordinating with municipalities and building agencies.
• Recommending ways to improve general construction service and have an active understanding and status of all constructions project managed by BMCS.
• Work with construction division at headquarters to understand project scope and plan and visit sites to make technical and administrative decisions and check jobs for proper workmanship.
• Responsible, as RME, for general supervision of all employees involved in general construction services.
• Responsible for reporting to relevant departments and/or field personnel on license compliance, and site visit findings
● Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent. A.A. or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is highly preferred.
● Requires license classification B - General Building Contractor, issued by California Contractors State License Board, and, within the past ten years, have had at least four full years of experience at a journey level, or as a foreman, supervisor, or contractor in classification
● Must be computer literate. Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel required.
● Must be detail oriented and possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
● Must be able to interface with all levels of BMCS employees.
● Must possess mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties.
● Must take initiative to better department and company.
● Must maintain high level of professionalism and ethics when representing BMCS or any of its affiliates with third parties
● Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
● Pass pre-employment drug screen, reference and background check
Work is performed primarily indoors. Lighting is artificial. Equipment used includes standard office equipment i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine and copier. Physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending over, kneeling, repetitive use of hands, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 25 lbs. Hours and days are Monday through Friday with occasional weekends. Position requires close contact with BMCS employees. Work requires travel to construction sites on a bi-weekly basis.